When you have a website the main fear is: When will I get the first sale? Will everything go perfect the first time? But there is a fundamental aspect to get that first sale and it is to generate Online Trust. In this article we will detail how we can select the colors of our E-commerce to get that security and confidence.
Colors, on a website, are moods. Each one of them make different feelings grow inside us, which to a greater or lesser extent will make us look at the Online Store in a different way. That is why it is very important to get the colours right to guide the Internet user through your E-commerce and achieve the purpose of improving sales, or avoiding cart abandonment or the objective we set ourselves.
We are going to analyze each one individually:
- Yellow: Evokes youth, joy, happiness. It is used to draw attention to something very important on your website.
- White: Symbolizes transparency, peace, purity, harmony and perfection, but at the same time simplicity and innocence.
- Black: Undoubtedly the color of elegance, sophistication and luxury. But its use should be used with great care because it also denotes negativity and mystery.
- Orange: Joy, happiness, vitality. It is normally used to represent healthy food, which even leads to stimulate appetite.
- Red: The most striking color that denotes urgency. It is often used in offers with a time limit, and especially with a time limit. And yet it also evokes passion and love.
- Green: Change, nature, freshness. Ideal for everything that has to do with nature. It is associated with health and therefore also used to provoke relaxation.
- Blue: It is used by banks and investment funds, as it is a color that causes confidence and security.
- Pink: It is the most used in feminine pages. It is based on romanticism and femininity.
Orange is the color used by almost all E-commerce for the buy button.
Amazon is one of the examples. The most visited and best-selling online store in Spain has orange as the basis of its shopping color:
Another example could be pc-components. All their most important buttons are also orange. According to Alexa PcComponentes is the most visited Spanish technology E-commerce and the third most visited globally.
It is no coincidence that two of the most successful websites use orange as the base for the buy button and also both use a clear and clean background, denoting transparency.
If you are an online food store choose the orange button. If you sell services, something non-tangible, choose the blue button. If you are selling something that has to do with nature, choose the green button, while for the world of luxury there is black, although I am reluctant to use the button with this color.